Monday, May 16, 2011

Making crosses

tools
cutting-crosses
cross-designs
finished
On Wednesdays I have been volunteering at the pottery studio which is home to JustPotters to help out where I can. My husband and I are new to Vancouver and while settling into the neighborhood and looking for work I wanted to keep myself a little bit useful. I have wanted to work with porcelain for a long time, and had looked into doing a short course in the past, so this has been an absolutely wonderful opportunity and I have learnt so much in a short time (there is SO much more to pottery and ceramics than I imagined). I have been making ceramic crosses which will be glazed and re-fired and sold to support the Just Work social enterprise - Just Potters. This such a fantastic initiative, born out of a desire to help the people of East Vancouver in a practical way - through employment opportunities. Stay tuned for pictures of the glazed crosses. Sharolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment